Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Chasing the Wind...

"I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you what is best for you, Who directs you in the way you should go." Isaiah 48:17

So many times we spend our lives running after things that we think "we" control. However, that is not the case. The truth is that we can do nothing in this life without God. He, alone, is in control. We cannot even do something to make a difference in the world, apart from Him. Yes, we can have tons of fun skating along in life doing things we enjoy, but none of it is everlasting. The trophies of this world only sparkle and shine for a short time. Those are the treasures we store up on this earth that will one day turn to dust. Our lives should be spent storing up treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal (Matthew 6:20). God is all we need. He is the purpose for living. He will teach us what is best for us and direct us in the way we should go. When we seek after Him, we will find everlasting life.

Father, thank You for this day and the eve of a brand new year...the eve of another opportunity for a fresh start. Help me to focus on You in the new year, and not to spend time chasing the wind. When I seek You, I will find You. Your Word promises that You will direct my steps and show me the way. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: