Saturday, November 29, 2008

Whose Reflection?

“The idols of the nations are silver and gold, made by the hands of men. They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but they cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear, nor is there breath in their mouth. Those who make them will be like them, and so will all who trust in them.” Psalm 135:15-18
“Those who make them will be like them....”. That is a scary thought. There are so many things in this world today that become “gods” to people. We will be reflections of the God that we perceive. I want to be a reflection of the one true God...not manmade gods that are abundant among the material things of this life.
Father, I thank You that You are the One True God, maker of heaven and earth. Thank You that I was made in Your image, therefore I can be a reflection of You. Help me to live my life so that when others see me, they see You. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: