Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rebel...

"The word of theLord came to me: 'Son of man, you are living among a rebellious people. They have eyes to see but do not see and ears to hear but do not hear, for they are a rebellious people.' " Ezekiel 12:1-2

We are living in a time when rebellion is all around us. But, if you read God's Word, you know that our time is not the beginning of rebellion. During Ezekiel's time, rebellion was rampant. God used Ezekiel to try and reach the people and turn them from their wickedness. In Ezekiel 13, God said : "I will tear down the wall you have covered with whitewash...". How many things have we "whitewashed" in our country? So many...such that what God considers sin, people no longer judge as sin...we are to be "tolerant" of the way others choose to live. That's whitewash! Sin is sin. Take some time to read Ezekiel. You'll see so many references to things that are going on in our world today.

Father, I thank You for this day and the blessings of life. Thank You for another Sunday and the opportunity to go into Your house and worship You. Thank You that I live in a country where I am free to do that. Lord, as I read Ezekiel, I cannot help but compare that time with the time we're living in. I am sure that I have been guilty of whitewashing. Please forgive me, Lord. Help me to part of the solution and not the problem. Help me to live my life before others so that when they see me, they see You. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: