Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Narrow Gate...

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it." Matthew 7:13

The narrow gate that Jesus asks us to enter is that of covenant...a total surrender of oneself to Jesus Christ. People live for their own selfish interests if they enter through the wide gate, and it leads to destruction...an eternity separated from God. The narrow gate is difficult, in that it is the way of obedience and persecution, but it leads to life everlasting with God in heaven.

Father, I thank You for this wonderful day and another opportunity to spend much time with my sweet little one. You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I pray that my life is lived to reflect what I believe and that I enter through the narrow gate. Help me to live my life more like You. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: