Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Ways Are Higher...

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.” Isaiah 55:8

This is my first devotional post since the election and I have to say that I was disappointed, but as God's Word says in Isaiah 55:8, His ways are higher than our ways. We have to trust that He sees what is best for us and for His cause. He will bless and use whatever decisions were made to further the cause of His Kingdom. Often our plans fail so that God's plans for us may succeed.
We can rest assured that God is working out for us some higher good. In Heaven we will see that that our seemingly unanswered prayers and disappointed hopes have been among our greatest blessings.

Father, I thank You for this day and the time that I was able to spend with my precious sweet granddaughter. You know the disappointment in the hearts of many people this week, but Your plans are higher than ours. Disappointment sometimes brings about despair and causes us to lose sight of what is important. Lord, help me to do my best every day at whatever You give me to do. Teach me how to do better work. Give me energy and cheerfulness regardless of the situtation at hand. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: