Thursday, November 27, 2008

In Thanksgiving...

"Come let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song." Psalm 95:1-2

Giving thanks is not just something we do at Thanksgiving, but rather it's a duty for every day. I don't mean that we do it out of obligation, but we do it out of love for our Lord.

Father, I come humbly before You today in thanksgiving and praise. You are the Rock of my salvation. I thank You for the blessings of life, and all that Your Word promises is ours if we love You and serve You. For my family, health, home, job, friends, life, love, and so many other things...I thank You. As I think back over the year that has gone by, we lost someone very near and dear to us, but yet you have brought another safely through cancer. We have another loved one very near and dear to us who is battling cancer at this moment, but You have blessed us with new life just 4 weeks ago. You are so faithful. We deserve nothing, but yet You give so much. You are my life. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: