Friday, November 28, 2008

The Horn of Salvation...

"He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David..." Luke 2:69

Do you remember the ram caught by the horns in the thicket on Mount Moriah when Abraham was preparing to offer Isaac as a sacrifice? Do you remember what Abraham told Isaac? "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." (Genesis 22:8). In Genesis 22:13, Abraham looked up and saw a ram caught by the horns in the thicket. Jesus Christ was the Ram whose head was wrapped in thorns to secure God's blessing for all who would receive it. Jesus is the "horn of salvation" for us.

Father, I thank You for this day and the sacrifice You have provided for us in the person of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Thank You that I don't have to worry about where the sacrifice will come from. You have provided. No matter what I have done in my life, Jesus has paid the price for all my sins...past, present, and future. Praise You! Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: