Friday, November 21, 2008

He is in Control...

"The LORD is for me; I will not fear; What can man do to me?" Psalm 118:6

I was reminded of this verse while thinking about something personal that has been weighing heavy on my mind. Another verse kept popping up, as well: "No weapon formed against you shall prosper..." Isaiah 54:17. I have to keep telling myself that God knows what the problem is and He is in control. I have nothing to fear. He will handle it. I know that...but a part of me still wants to hang onto it.

Father, I thank You for this wonderful Friday and another opportunity to rest and relax with the weekend and the Thanksgiving week vacation coming up. Lord, You know what I'm dealing with right now...it's nothing new. You and I have talked about it many times over the past 40+ years. I know that You are in control...and honestly there is nothing I can do to change the situation, no matter how hard I might try. It's all in Your hands. Help me to leave it there and not try to snatch it back from You. I love You Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: