Monday, November 24, 2008

A Deaf Ear...

"Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear." Isaiah 59:1-2

Sometimes it seems that God does not hear our prayers...our cries for help. His Word offers us an explanation for that. God will turn a deaf ear to our petitions when we harbor sin in our lives which goes unconfessed. So, first we must pour out our hearts to God in confession and ask His forgiveness. Then He will hear our prayers. Now, that doesn't mean that He's going to answer the way we want Him to. But, He will always answer the way that is best for us.

Father, thank You for this wonderful day, and a week of vacation to spend in Thanksgiving and enjoying my sweet little Leighton. I ask You to forgive me where I fail You, Lord. I know that in so many ways I fail You everyday. Please put my feet back on the path of righteousness. Show me the way. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: