Monday, November 24, 2008

Cozy Christmas Mitten...

This project was made using an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of Whisper White and a very basic box pattern. I scored the paper at 2" and 6-1/2" along the short side. Then, along the 11" side, I scored my paper at 4-1/2" and 6-1/2". I cut the tabs and folded up the box, adhering it with sticky strip. I layered a strip of Ski Slope DSP (2 x 4-1/2) on the two sides. On the front, I layered Baja Breeze (4-1/4 x 4-1/4) and Riding Hood Red (3-3/4 x 3-3/4). My mitten (from Rubbernecker Stamps) was made by stamping on the same Ski Slope DSP. I cut it out and mounted it on dimensionals. Then I stamped the mitten on Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red. I cut out the Baja Breeze strip that goes across the mitten and the hearts from the Riding Hood Red and layered them both on the Ski Slope mitten. The sentiment is from "Home Sweet Home" by Taylored Expressions. I cut thin strips of Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red, crumpled them up, and used them as box filler. This would be perfect for holding cards, or candy.

post signature

2 comments:

acreativeneed said...

Love this Anne Marie!! Great dp choice for the box and the mitten is adorable!!
Hope you had a good weekend!
smiles,Deena

Bridgett said...

This is so cute! I love it!! Mittens are so fun!!! Your projects you've been posting are wonderful! Love it!!! Hope you'll stop by my blog and enter to win the blog candy I have up!!!
Hugs,
Bridgett SBS18