Monday, November 17, 2008

Blessed is the Nation...

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." Psalm 33:12

As we draw nearer to Thanksgiving, it's a time to reflect on the blessings that we have been given. For even as bad as things seem in this country of ours, I still believe that we are blessed. Our country was founded on Christianity...our forefathers knew where their blessings came from, and publicly acknowledged it. What went wrong? Why have we slipped so far away? It is time for Christians to get on their knees and pray for our country. Can you imagine the consequences?

Father, I thank You for this day and the coolness in the air. It's very refreshing. I thank You for our forefathers who sought to live in a place where they could freely worship You. As Thanksgiving draws closer, please help me to remember all that I have been blessed with, and to show You how truly thankful I am. Thank You most of all for the gift of Jesus. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

Amber said...

So Verry True Anne Marie check out my blog today we are apprently on the same wave :) Have you heard the song Jeremy Camp There Will Be A Day ? if not take a listen to it its pretty amazing ! Have a Blessed Day ! And May God watch over all of us during this Holiday season and remind us all of the many things we have to be thankful for !