Monday, October 20, 2008

Watch the Shepherds...

" 'Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!'says the Lord." Jeremiah 23:1

The shepherds God is referring to are the political leaders. Many in politics are good people, but many are not. God expects leaders to protect, strengthen, and lead His people in paths of righteousness, not evil and corruption. But, on the other hand, those of us who are not in politics have played a part in this...we elected them. In the end each of us will give an account of our lives to God. I believe we will be held responsible for the choices we make behind the curtain in the election.

Father, I thank You for this day and I thank You that we have the freedom in this great country of ours to elect the leaders who we believe will be the best for our nation. It's very hard to know who to trust to do the things for our country that You would have them to do. Please place into the hearts and minds of Your people the knowledge and wisdom to choose the right man for our country. I pray the vote will be as You would have it. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

vickiw said...

I just found your sight and wanted to tell you I appreciated your honest post here. I too, as a christian feel we have a responsibility to vote for the man who will lead this country in the right direction but who is that? We sure can't trust the media for honest info.....Only with Gods wisdom granted through the Holy Spirit will we know that. I am a sub teacher and a christian so I see we have some things in common. I will be back to see your beautiful projects and cards. blessings