Sunday, October 19, 2008

Walk Away...

"But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us." 2 Thessalonians 3:6

I don't think this verse means that we should shun people who aren't walking with the Lord. We should, however, be careful not to associate too closely with them and certainly to distance ourselves from their disorderly ways. God's Word (1Corinthians 15:33) tells us "Evil company corrupts good habits". There's an old saying that when you lie with dogs, you get fleas. That's a crude way of saying the same thing.

Father, I thank You for this beautiful Sunday and the crisp Fall air. It's such a refreshing change. Lord, it's difficult sometimes to distance ourselves from the ungodly. I ask You today to help me when I'm in situations where I need to withdraw from someone. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I want to do what Your Word instructs me to do. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: