Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Vessel of Honor...

"But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work." 2 Timothy 2:20-21

These verses are talking about the importance of personal holiness. Within the church there are all kinds of people...some good, others unworthy. Personal holiness is necessary to be a vessel of honor. We must allow the Holy Spirit to cleanse us of all unrighteousness. The purpose of being cleansed by the Holy Spirit is to make us useful to the Master...our Father.

Father, I thank You for this day, and I thank You so much for taking care of my Stella and baby Leighton. You answered the prayers of this mother and I am so very thankful. Lord, I want to be a vessel of honor. I want to be useful to You. Cleanse me inside and out, Lord, of all that makes me unworthy to be a vessel in Your House. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: