Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Shake It, Ginger....

Another shaker card...I'm addicted...but it's an awful addiction because I struggled with this one. Anyway, I think it turned out cute. I wanted a "country Christmas kitchen" look to the card, so I went with the red gingham designer paper (the Paper Studio). Looking at it now, I probably should have sponged the candy canes (American Traditional Designs "Holiday Cheer") a bit more...they're a little too white, as is the background of the ginger (imaginisce stamp). Oh, well.

Please pray for my daughter today. Her health is at risk right now, so she's in the hospital to begin labor this morning. The doctor will induce her today. The very sad and troubling thing for me is that Richard and I have to leave for his surgery in Savannah. Pray that the baby arrives safely before we have to leave this afternoon, otherwise we will miss the birth of our grandbaby. Pray that both of them would be healthy. You cannot imagine how much I have cried over this. Why can't anything ever be easy?



post signature

5 comments:

Maria Gurnsey said...

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!!!! That sweet baby will be just fine and in your arms soon!! I'm sure your hubby will be the same. I'm sure it's hard, those are two major events together!! Keep smiling :)

Stampvamp said...

Anne Marie, I just finished praying for your whole family as well as the doctors who are overseeing them. I can only imagine the confliction you are feeling right now. I'm praying for God's peace for you. Your card is lovely. I think you nailed your desired look. I haven't made a shaker card in ages! They are fun!! Also, you are a blessing to me. Thank you. And I am sure God will bless you in return in ways I cannot.

vickiw said...

God's plan will stand, I just learned at a retreat on Sat. Trust Him for the strength you need right now and know your sis's in the Lord are covering you with prayer. All this will work out.
His promises never fail....
Cute card, I love gingerbread so especially liked it.....

Rosella said...

Anne Marie, I'm praying for you, your daughter, your little grandson and your sweet husband. May God bless you all and be with the doctors and guide them. Blessings!!

Pearlann66 said...

sending tons of positive energies in your families direction!!