Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Seven Abominations...

“These six things the Lord hates, Yes seven are an abomination to Him: A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.” Proverbs 6: 16-19

The number seven in the Bible represents completeness. I think this list is complete in the sense that any evil you can think of can be categorized by one or more of these seven sins. These seven sins of both public and private life are an abomination in His eyes. How many do we see every day around us? How many are we, ourselves, guilty of?

Father, I'm sorry for every time that I have participated in any of these seven sins. I know they are an abomination in Your eyes. Things that many times we consider "innocent", or "no big deal" are actually a really big deal in Your eyes. Lord, forgive me. Help me to remember that I am to have no part in any of these. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: