Friday, October 31, 2008

Just Call Me Granny...




Sorry for no post yesterday, but I had something a little more important on my mind, in my heart, and in my arms! Little Leighton Virginia Leavens entered this world at 5:47 p.m. on October 29th. She weighed 5 lbs. 15 oz., and 20 inches long. She has long skinny legs, arms, fingers, and toes (she gets that from her daddy). She's the most beautiful baby I've ever seen...of course! We made it home from Savannah around 2:00 yesterday afternoon, threw our stuff down, and headed to the hospital to see our precious girl. Leighton was in NICU because of her size and the fact that she was not due until Nov. 19th. She had a little trouble breathing, but that has cleared up. She was finally able to leave NICU around 6:00 p.m. yesterday. I stayed with her until almost 11:00 p.m. just snuggling and loving on her. I'm headed back up there shortly! She needs her granny!!

Her entrance into the world was something in itself! Earlier in the week, Richard had joked with Stella that as soon as he went into the OR, she would go into labor. Well, they wheeled him into surgery at 11:20, and 9 minutes later Stella's water broke! Can you believe that? So, I was a basket case 3 hours away from my daughter, by myself, with my husband in surgery! The nurses kept stopping to see if I was ok, and brought me a box of kleenex. She was actually born 47 minutes after Richard came out of recovery. What a day!

I had a project to post yesterday, but was so anxious to get home that I didn't stop long enough to do it. So, I have two for you. One is a little onesie that I stamped with the tree from Mr. Twigster by SU!. It was stamped with Staz-on and colored with Sharpies. The second one is a card made using a Rubbernecker stamp that I did some paper-piecing on. I just love that stocking!


Have a spectacularly spooky day today....it's Richard's birthday, so we'll be celebrating it, along with Leighton's arrival home!

post signature

9 comments:

Rosella said...

Anne Marie, congratulations on your cute little bundle. So glad to hear that all 3 are doing well, your daughter, your granddaughter and your hubby.
I love it that every baby is the most beautiful baby ever!!
God bless you!

Wendy said...

Anne Marie, I am so excited to see a picture of you with little Leighton (what a *beautiful* name!) in your arms! She is a very lucky little girl to have such a doting grandmother. I hope you'll be posting more pictures soon!

Bridgett said...

Hi, Granny! Congratulations! I am so excited for you!! I just cannot imagine having my husband in surgery and needing to be with him and then knowing my daughter was in the hospital having a baby and wishing I could be there! Talk about wanting to be in 2 places at once! Wow! Well, I hope hubby recovers well and has a great birthday and welcome to the world sweet baby Leighton! You are beautiful!!!!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Lisa M. said...

Congratulations! I love the onesie and your grandaughter is beautiful!

Maria Gurnsey said...

Yeah!!!!!!! I'm so glad everything is good and that baby looks sweet as pie!!!!! I can't imagine your last few days, I'm sure they were stressful!! Congrats granny!!!!!

Twila said...

She is beautiful. Congrats to you and your family. DOn't be spoiling her to much Granny!

Tom said...

HELLO GRANNY!!!!
Iam so happy for all of you! And Happy Birthday Richard! Hugs to all of you....Elizabeth

Pearlann66 said...

Congrats!
and 10/29 is a great bday to have.
My DH is a 10/29 baby!

Stampvamp said...

Again, congrats!! I'm so happy everything has turned out well!! Love the onsie, the card, but mostly the baby!