Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Do We Get What We Deserve?

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap." Galatians 6:9

I was reminded of this scripture this evening as I listened to the Breaking News about Casey Anthony's arrest and indictment on 7 counts, including First Degree Murder of her 3-year-old daughter in Orlando. We have faithfully followed this story from the beginning and it just sickens us. No, we don't know if she's guilty...but God knows....and whatever she has sown, that she will reap. Even if she is guilty, she can still be forgiven in God's eyes. That doesn't pardon her here on this earth, though. Thank God for the gift of grace, because each one of us is guilty of sin that should have ended in death. But, Christ Jesus paid the penalty for our sin on the cruel cross of Calvary. Let us not forget.

Father, I thank You for the grace that You so freely give to me, and to all of us. We've all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. If it had not been for Jesus, we'd all be condemned. Father, I thank You that even if I had been the only one who was guilty, Jesus still would have gone to the cross just for me. What a humbling thought. Praise You, Jesus! Thank You. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: