Monday, October 20, 2008

A Card for Rudy's Bag...




After gazing at the Rudy bag while I was piddling around today, I came up with the idea for this card. It's a take on the bag, but it's also a throwback to the way I decorated my classroom door at Christmas when I was teaching 4th and 5th grade many moons ago.


I started with a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" Kraft paper card. Then I cut another piece 4-1/4" x 5-1/2 and scored that piece at 1/2". I came down 1-1/2" from the score line and cut diagonally to the bottom center of the card on both sides to come up with the piece for his nose. The scored flap is adhered to the inside front of the card. For the hat, I used a piece of Riding Hood Red cut at 4-1/4x 1-5/16 and a piece of Whisper White cut at 4-1/4 x 11/16. The tail of the hat measures 1-1/16" across the top and is cut to a point at 4" long. I sandwiched the tip of the hat's tail between two Whisper White 3/4" circles. His eyes are 1" Whisper White circles and 1/2" Basic Black circles. His Riding Hood Red nose is 1-1/4" circle. His eyelids are made of one 1" Kraft circle, cut in half and popped up on dimensionals. For the ribbon, I used my 1-3/8" square punch and punched a sliver of cardstock off the fold of the card. It was just the perfect size to thread my Riding Hood Red striped ribbon through.


post signature

6 comments:

Regina said...

Wow! What a fantastic idea - you are just so clever!! Can't wait to see your next idea!

Tabitha said...

Great card!

I love that red and white striped ribbon!

Dawn said...

I do love all of your wonderful ideas. One day I am going to start putting them to use on some projects of my own.

In the meantime I left you an award on my blog.

Megan said...

absolutely adorable!

n2kids said...

Your card is so adorable. I just love it! Great job as always.

Jaime said...

So my boys just saw Rudy and decided he was santa's mouse. I told them no he is a raindeer, but they wouldn't listen. They think he is a cute mouse though.