Saturday, October 18, 2008

Be Careful Little Eyes....

"The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness." Luke 11:34 "I will set nothing wicked before my eyes..." Psalm 101

This scripture (and so many others, as far back as the temptation in the Garden) remind us to be careful what we see, hear, speak, and do. Evil begins with thought, usually based on something seen with the eyes. From the thought, it moves to action. There is a sweet little Sunday School song that very simply warns us to be careful what we see, hear, say, and where we go.

Oh be careful little eyes what you see

Oh be careful little eyes what you see

For the Father up above is looking down in love

Oh be careful little eyes what you see ...

(the song continues with "ears" "lips" and "feet")

Father, I thank You for this wonderful, rainy day. We needed the rain so very badly. Father, I thank You for Your Word which clearly shows us the path to righteousness...if we would just heed what it says. Help me to set no vile thing before my eyes, to keep my lips from speaking unkindly, to keep my ears from listening to that which I shouldn't, and to keep my feet from going places I wouldn't want Jesus to go with me. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: