Friday, September 12, 2008

A Virtuous Woman...

"She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness. She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed..." Proverbs 31:26-28

Today is my mother's birthday. She is 77...30 years older than me...and still chasing little grandchildren around. Soon she will have her first great-grandchild. My mother raised seven children and worked much harder than she should have had to. She's my idea of the Proverbs 31 woman. Happy birthday, Mother!

Father, I thank You for this day and I thank You for my mother. She has always been a Christian example for us and I thank You for blessing us with her presence. Your Word says that charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised. That is why her children rise up and call her blessed. You know my mother and love her even more than we do. Thank You for giving her the task of mothering us. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

2 comments:

suebatch said...

I wanted to tell you how much I look forward to your blog each morning. Your devotional often is forwarded to a friend when it seems to meet a special need for encouragement in their life.

LucyGoosey said...

I loved what you had to say about your Mother! You see, she is my Mother, too. As tears of love rolled down my face, my 5 year old wiped them from my eyes. I couldn't have said it any sweeter than you did. Thank you, Anne. I love you!