Saturday, September 27, 2008

Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet...



...Give Me Something Good to Eat! That used to be so funny. When you're a kid, a lot of stuff is funny...you pretty much laugh at everything! I am in love with this little box! It turned out just as I envisioned it. I pictured the Halloween stuff we used to have as decorations when I was little. I wanted the box to look like it was left over from that time period. I used Kiwi Kiss paper cut at 6x9...scored at 1" and 5" on the 6" side, and 4" and 5" on the 9" side. Then I cut designer paper from Imaginesce at 3-5/8" x 3-3/4" for front and back. The sides were matted with Tangerine Tango cut at 3/4" x 3-5/8". To make the box look like a relic from some Halloween ages ago, I sponged the edges with Creamy Caramel. The edges of everything got sponged. I even sponged the ribbon because it looked too "new" to go with this box. If you'll notice, there are "age spots" on the ovals. That was done by pressing and pouncing my round SU! sponge onto the paper. I crinkled some cardstock in the crimper and cut it in very thin strips to use as box filler. The stamp set was Spooky Sweets II from Papertrey Ink. The oval punch for the "trick or treat" sentiment is the new large oval from SU! The scallop oval is from a Marvy Giga Punch (the pink one). The tiny little oval in the bottom corner is an Emagination punch from a bajillion years ago.

I missed posting this morning. I had a Christmas Class at my house beginning at 9:30, so there was no time! I have a Halloween class coming up on the 11th, so between now and then I'll be busily working on Halloween projects.

Richard and I are leaving for Savannah tomorrow after church. He is scheduled for angioplasty (on his leg) on Monday, and then a stress test on Tuesday. We'll be back Tuesday afternoon sometime. I am planning to schedule some posts for while I'm gone.

post signature

2 comments:

Maria Gurnsey said...

AHHH!!! I'm loving these halloween projects. I think I'll make these for my daughters class party! I love the sponging (of course) and the strip of paper on the sides is genius!! Such a cute little touch!!!!

Stampvamp said...

SIGH...I really love your blog. Especially the verses and commentary. And I really love this box project. Oh, and your songs. I could come here just to listen to your songs. And the read the verses. They are gentle reminders. Did you see Fireproof? Awesome.