Friday, September 26, 2008

Scaredy Cat...

“Do not be afraid of sudden terror, Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; For the Lord will be your confidence, And will keep your foot from being caught.” Proverbs 3:25-26


Do you ever wake up at night with a sudden feeling of terror, your heart pounding in your chest? Maybe it’s just me, but when that happens, the only way I can get back to sleep is just to start praying and reciting all the scripture I know. Eventually, my heart stops pounding, my breathing returns to normal, and I can drift off to sleep. I don’t know why that happens, but I shouldn’t be terrified of anything. The Lord is my confidence.

Father, I thank You for another day, and the end of another work week. Thank You for the weekend! Lord, I know that I don't have to be afraid of anything. You are my confidence. You are my strength. Hide me under Your wing. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

Stephens Family said...

Wow ... What a blessing this verse is to me today! Went to the dr's today and an ultrasound showed that what I thought was a recurrence of a routine cyst needs another test. I'm stuck waiting, and trying not to worry and borrow trouble. I've been down this road before. Today I thought of the verse "I know the plans I have for you, say the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Then, I saw this verse posted. I visit you whenever you post, and just wanted you to know that your verse choice of the day really spoke to me and gave me peace.