Monday, September 15, 2008

Presence or Presents?

"You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

There is a lesson to learn here. We must seek God's presence...not His presents. We must follow hard after Him, not for what He can do for us, but for Him...His presence...just to be with Him. We have to seek His face, and not His hand. Joy doesn't come from the circumstances of life. If that is where our joy comes from, we have very little, if any, power over the devil when it comes to circumstances determining our joy. Think how unstable life would be (or is) when our joy comes based on what is going on around us. I don't want to live my life that way.

Father, I thank You that I don't have to depend on circumstances to have joy in my life. My joy comes from my relationship with You. Sometimes, though, I get caught up in what's going on around me, Lord, and I allow the devil to get a hold in my life. Help me to resist when I head in that direction. Father, I want to spend my days seeking Your face. That is where joy and strength await me. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: