Friday, September 19, 2008

On The Tip of My Tongue...

"She opens her mouth in skillful and godly Wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness." Proverbs 31:26

If we want to be used by God, we have to watch the words that come forth from our mouths. The words we say can either be words of life or words of death. If we want God's power to flow through us to others, then we have to relinquish our mouths to Him. There are so many times when I've said things that I wish I could have taken back. There are so many times when what I've said needed to be said, but maybe not in the tone or with the attitude that it was said.

Father, thank You for this wonderful Friday. Thank You for another upcoming opportunity to rest after a weary week. Lord, I'm sorry for the words of death that have been spoken by this mouth of mine. I'm sorry, Lord, for the way that I have said some of the things I've said. I ask You to put Your hand over my mouth when You know I'm about to say something that I need to just keep to myself. If I can't say something kind, please help me not to say anything at all. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: