Monday, September 8, 2008

A Mighty Warrior...

"And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, 'The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!' " Judges 6:12

God called Gideon a 'mighty warrior' even before he was one. At this point, Gideon was not a brave and mighty warrior, but God sees the potential of His children and provides the experiences necessary for them to fulfill His plan for them. Gideon was facing some terrible trials, but even trials are part of God's plan for us. Everything that happens gets us to where we need to be. Some roads are bumpier than others, but eventually God's plan will be fulfilled in us.

Father, I thank You for this day, and even for the trials You send my way. Lord, I don't like being in the midst of trials and tribulations...nobody does...but I know that whatever I'm facing is to fulfill Your perfect purpose for me. Please help me to remember that when I'm feeling overwhelmed with situations around me. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: