Monday, September 1, 2008

A Lot of Joy...

"I have seen that nothing is better than that man should be happy in his activities, for that is his lot..." Ecclesiastes 3:22

I love this verse. There is so much sadness, heartache, and tragedy in this life. I believe God wants us to be happy in the midst of it all. The word "lot" in that verse means kind of like an inheritance. Part of our lot....part of living... is the work we do day-to-day. Unless you're one of those very fortunate people who absolutely love their job, it is work. Some of us work harder than others, but most of us have to work in some form or fashion. Even still, God wants us to be happy in the work that we do. Maybe our lot in life is to have a small job, in a small place; or maybe it's a big-time job in a huge city. It doesn't really matter. When we're gone, there is no way for us to enjoy it any longer. So, what I'm getting at is, we need to enjoy ourselves on this earth while we're here. Now, that doesn't mean life should be one big party...but look to find the joy in everything we do. Serve the Master while we're here. Point others to Christ. Live a joyful life. No matter what your lot in life, enjoy it. It only lasts for the blink of an eye.

Father, I thank You for this wonderful day. Thank You for my lot in life. Lord, I've been through many struggles, heartache, and pain in my life. I haven't always found the joy in it. I pray that You'll show me the joy in everything I do. Help me to experience all that You have for me. Lord, when I get to Heaven, I don't want to find out that I've missed out on a roomful of blessings simply because I failed to see the joy in things. I love You, Lord, and I know that You want me to be happy. Thank You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: