Thursday, September 25, 2008

Listen Up...

"Then you will call to me, but I will not answer. You will look for me, but you will not find me. It is because you rejected knowledge and did not choose to respect the Lord. You did not accept my advice, and you rejected my correction. So you will get what you deserve; you will get what you planned for others. Fools will die because they refuse to listen; they will be destroyed because they do not care. But those who listen to me will live in safety and be at peace, without fear of injury." Proverbs 1:28-33


Wow! If those verses don’t make you sit up and take notice, nothing will. Refusing to listen, rejecting knowledge, and disrespecting the Lord result in a tragic end. But, those who listen will live safely and be at peace. I think I’ll start listening a little better.

Father, I thank You for this beautiful day and the cooler air that greets us in the mornings. I ask You to forgive me for all the times that I refused to listen to You...the times I stubbornly wanted to do things my way. Please don't give up on me. I want to listen more closely to You. Help me to hear with my heart, mind, and soul. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment: