Saturday, September 6, 2008

In God We Trust...

"Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?" Psalm 56:3-4

Our school system is going through a very rocky period financially due to budget cuts and the high cost of fuel, and the future is very uncertain right now. There may be a loss of jobs by Christmas. This is causing a lot of fear and speculation, along with low morale. This verse really speaks to me about the times that we're living in. Besides dealing with that issue, we're dealing with my father-in-law's cancer just months after the death of my husband's sister (from cancer). We lost my mother-in-law three years ago to lung cancer. It's been a difficult 3 years for our family. But, I know that when I'm afraid all I have to do is look up. My help comes from the Lord.

Father, I thank You for this wonderful weekend. I thank You for loving me, and the assurance that You will never leave me or forsake me. Father, You alone know all that we're dealing with at this time, and You alone know what lies ahead of us. I thank You that You are always there, and whenever I'm afraid, all I have to do is be still and know that You are God, and You are in control. I have nothing to fear. I love You. Amen and amen.



post signature

No comments: