Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Food for Thought...

"You may freely eat of every tree in the garden." Genesis 2:16

God gave Adam and Eve specific instructions about their eating habits. I've been wondering a lot lately about the foods that we eat. It seems like every day we receive some email at school telling us about a food that has been pulled from the market because it's contaminated with something. I'm beginning to think that nothing is safe unless you grow it yourself! Almost everything we eat these days has been processed in some form or another. I don't think that was God's intention for His creation. God didn't give Adam and Eve pizza, hamburgers, doughnuts, candy, Cokes, etc. I wonder if maybe we stuck to God's plan of eating, we wouldn't have all the health problems we have today. It's food for thought!

Father, thank You for this day You've given me to celebrate life and love and the joy of knowing You. Lord, help me to look more closely at the things I choose to eat. When I eat, I want to eat in such a way that honors You. Abusing my body with foods that are not good for me certainly does not honor this temple. Forgive me for the abuse I've put my body through all these years. I am fearfully and wonderfully made, and I want to stay that way. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: