Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Father Chastens...

"Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects; Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty. For He bruises, but He binds up; He wounds, but His hands make whole." Job 5:17-18

What a comfort to know that although we all do wrong sometimes in our lives, and God must chasten us, He is right there to bind up our bruises and make whole our wounds. We have nothing to fear. We deserve every bit of chastening, and probably more, and we don't deserve His grace...yet He loves us and freely offers forgiveness.

Father, I thank You for loving me enough to wake me up today so that I can spend another day with my loved ones and use the time You've blessed me with to bless others in Your name. Lord, I deserve every bit of chastening sent my way...I know that I probably deserve more. This sounds weird to say, God, but I thank You for it, because I know that You only do what is best for me. Nobody else loves me like You do. Thank You, Father. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: