Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ewe Are Loved...


This is kinda plain, but I wanted it to be simple...it's for a man. My father-in-law is battling cancer. The cancer seems to be winning, and he needs some encouragement. I could have added a cute ribbon or bow, but I decided just to leave it as is.


This was my first attempt at the faux wood technique. I followed Dawn's video tutorial from yesterday, but changed up the colors a bit. She started with More Mustard, but I decided to start with Kraft. Then I added Sahara Sand, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White. I finished it off by brushing it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.



post signature

2 comments:

Tom said...

This is darling Anne Marie and I think you FIL will like it very much! Hugs,Elizabeth

Jaime said...

Love how the wood turned out. Very sweet card. Prayers for your FIL. Hugs, Jaime