Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Count It All Loss...

"But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him..." Philippians 3:7-9

These verses remind me that nothing at all in this life is worth the excellence of knowing Christ Jesus. Nothing that I do, nothing that I say, no amount of money that I give, nothing at all.....can get me to God....except Christ. He's the ticket. Everything else is worthless in comparison.

Father, I thank You for this day and the gift of Jesus. You sent Him to die for me, and I thank You for that. Even if I had been the only one, Jesus still would have gone to the cross for me. There's no greater love than that. How can I ever repay? Thank You, God, that I don't have to. Jesus paid it all. Everything else is worthless in comparison to knowing Jesus and His death on the cross for my sins. Thank You, Lord. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: