Sunday, September 14, 2008

Beautiful in God's Eyes...

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised." Proverbs 31:30

This verse is telling us not to be fooled by looks...beauty does NOT guarantee a happy life. All you have to do is look around at all the beautiful people...many of them are living miserable lives. God finds it beautiful that she takes Him seriously and takes obedience to His Word seriously. A woman who fears the Lord is a woman whose spirit and commitment to God is a total commitment.

Father, I thank You for this beautiful Sunday. Thank You for this picture of a beautiful woman...a woman who is beautiful in YOUR eyes...not necessarily the worlds'. Lord, I try to live up to this example of the Proverbs 31 woman, but I fail miserably most of the time. I want to be beautiful in Your eyes, Lord. Help me to pattern my life after this woman. I believe You put her in Your Word so that we have an example...a standard...to strive for. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: