Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Approval Addiction...

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

Why do we do what we do? Is it for the approval of others, or is it for God's approval? I'm afraid that my answer to that question would not be the one that I would be proud of, most of the time. It's hard not to do things to win the approval of others. I think it's called Approval Addiction. Joyce Meyer wrote a book about it. I have the book...but apparently I haven't read it yet! God's Word tells us not to do good deeds to be seen of men. God is not impressed with that. He wants a sincere heart, wholly devoted to Him. Any works done with an impure heart will be burned up on Judgment Day.

Father, I thank You for this day. I ask You to forgive me for the things that I have done while seeking the approval of others. Father, forgive me for not putting Your approval first and foremost in my life. Help me to remember that You are the only One whose opinion matters. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: