Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-1-1...

I've heard many times since 2001 that there is significance in the number 9-1-1. Of course, we all know that it's the number we dial when there is an emergency. But, I've also read about the significance of certain numbers in the Bible. The number 10 is the perfection of Divine Order...10 Commandments, tithing, 10 plagues, 10 virgins, 10 parables of the Kingdom in the book of Matthew. I've also read that the number 12 signifies governmental perfection...the 12 tribes of Israel, the 12 apostles. In his book, Number in Scripture, E.W. Bullinger states that if the number 10 is Divine Perfect Order, then 11 is an addition to it...undoing that order. Furthermore, he states that if 12 is governmental perfection, then 11 falls short of that. In the Bible in 2 Chronicles 36:5-6, Jeremiah 52:1-7, Ezekiel 26:1-5, 30:20-26 the word "eleven" is used in conjunction with judgment upon Israeli and Gentile kings and nations. Bullinger states "whether we regard it as being 10 + 1, or 12 - 1, it is the number which marks disorder, disorganization, imperfection, and disintegration." These are some interesting facts I found on different websites about the events of September 11, 2001. I have not checked them out myself, so take it for what it's worth. But, it's food for thought:

*New York City has 11 letters.


* The Pentagon has 11 letters.


* The American attacks occurred on September 11th 2001.


* On September 11, 2002 the names of the 2,801 victims of the World Trade Center attacks were read aloud from Ground Zero (2 + 8 + 0 + 1 = 11).


* The Twin Towers standing side by side look like the number 11.


* The first plane to hit the towers was Flight 11.* Flight 11 had 92 on board (9 + 2 = 11).* Flight 11 had 11 crew members.


* Flight 77 hit the The Pentagon (11 x 7 = 77).* Flight 77 had 65 on board (6 + 5 = 11).


* 911 is the number to call in case of emergency (9 + 1 + 1 = 11)


Is God telling us something? Our country was founded on Biblical principles and God is not pleased that the U.S. has abandoned Him and His Word. America has fallen short of our former "governmental perfection." In Daniel 5: 25-28, Daniel was asked by Belshazzar to read the writing on the wall. "God has numbered your kingdom, and finished it...You have been weighed in the balances, and found wanting...Your kingdom has been divided and given to the Medes and Persians..." We should look at "the writing on the wall", too. It is not too late for America. God's Word also says in 2 Chronicles 7:14, "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Father, I thank You for this day and for the heroes who gave their lives on this day back in 2001. I thank You for the heroes who give their lives everyday on the battlefields across the world fighting for our freedom. God, we are at fault. We have allowed our country to compromise the values and beliefs that it was founded on. You have blessed this land of our for so long, but I'm afraid that our time of blessing is coming to an end if we don't stand up and take our country back. Forgive me for any part that I've played in this, Lord...even if my part is being guilty of not standing up for what I believe in, or turning away and dismissing things that are corrupting our country as "just the way it is". Father, I don't want this to be "just the way it is". I believe You have called all of us to so much more...such a higher standard...and we're not living up to it. Lord, forgive all of us. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: