Monday, August 18, 2008

Who's At the Top of Your List?

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Matthew 6:33

This verse means that we are to give God our total loyalty. He has to be our ultimate priority. Number one. We have to make Him our first priority each and every day. I have found that the very best time for me is first thing in the morning, before anyone else is up. It's quiet. Nobody is calling for me. The television isn't on. The phone isn't ringing. I've tried having my quiet time at other times during the day. It doesn't work for me. It never fails...the phone rings or someone drops by unexpectedly. Other times, when I put off my quiet time, it's the end of the day and I suddenly realize that I haven't spent time alone with God. My day was spent without talking to my Lord and Savior. To me, that is a squandered day. No, I don't always follow through, but I always intend to. We are all human, and things come up in our lives that we hadn't planned on. God knows that, but He loves us anyway, and waits for us to come to Him.

Father, I thank You for this day that you've blessed me with. Thank You for giving me another opportunity to spend time with You. Father, I ask You to forgive me for the times that I don't put You first. I should know by now that when I don't, my day doesn't go right. I thank You for forgiving me when I fail You. Help me, Father, to put You first and foremost in my life. Your Word promises that when I do, all other things will be added unto me. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

Kristie Bracy said...

I have recently discovered your blog, and I do not miss a day! I love the crafts you create! and visit various other blogs to see their creative ramblings as well. Although, your precious words of faith and loyalty to our God is amazing. I am truly touched with each and every inspiration you post. Thank you! you are an inspiration to me as your bring to my attention daily how imprtant it is to serve our Lord and Savior. have a blessed day! kristie
kbracy@hotmail.com