Saturday, August 16, 2008

Who Are You Working For?

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do, do it heartily as to the Lord and not to men..." Colossians 3:23

It doesn't matter what job we have, or what task is set before us. God's Word says that we should do whatever we do as though doing it for the Lord, not for men. Men may pay us our salaries, but the ultimate provision comes from God. Even around the house, where we don't get "paid" for what we do...our payment comes from knowing that we are taking care of that which God has entrusted to us. In eternity, we will have a reward for our faithfulness. So, when we have to pick up smelly socks off the floor, or clean up spilled milk for the umpteenth time....we have to remember that we're doing it for the Lord.

Father, I thank You for this beautiful Saturday. I thank You for the opportunity to rest after a busy week. Lord, sometimes my job requires me to do things that I would rather not, but Your Word tells me that I am to do whatever I do as though for You. Father, please help me to keep that in mind as I work at my job and at home. I don't want to complain when faced with a task I'd rather not do, so help me remember that I'm doing it for You. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: