Thursday, August 28, 2008

What Have I Done?

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad." 2 Corinthians 5:10

Honestly, this is kind of scary. I know that I'm forgiven for my sins, but to appear before the judgment seat to account for the good and bad in my life...that is scary. I'm guilty of doing lots of useless things, as well as self-serving things. Sometimes I just zone out...hours go by...and then I realize that I haven't accomplished anything at all. That happens a good bit when I'm surfing the web. My husband calls me on it when he sees me with that glazed look in my eyes. Seriously, though, I worry about spending time doing worthless things...maybe not really worthless, but not of any value for the Kingdom. I do try to do for others more than for myself, but I have a tendency to be selfish. These are things that I need to work on. I don't want to be ashamed when I appear before my Lord and Savior.

Father, I do thank You for the joy in my life, and for the blessings You've given my family. You are my provision. You are my hope. I realize, Lord, that I fall way short of doing the good things that I'd be happy to admit at the judgment. Father, I ask You to forgive me for all the times that I spend doing meaningless things that don't count for the Kingdom. Please help me to focus my life on pointing people to You. Help me to find ways to serve others as though I was serving You. I love You, Lord, and I want You to be proud of the way I've used the life You've given me. Amen and amen.



post signature

No comments: