Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wearing a Veil...

"But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them." 2 Corinthians 4:3-4

These verses are talking about those whose unbelief prevents them from being transformed by the saving power of Christ. The god of this age is satan, of course. He does not want anyone to believe, and does everything in his power to keep people from following Christ. He blinds them to the truth of the gospel. Those of us who have been lost, but now are found, know what that blindness feels like. The apostle Paul talked about scales falling from his eyes. When a person comes to know Christ as their Lord and Savior, the scales fall and the veil is removed. We can see the radiant light of Christ.

Father, I thank You for the saving power of Christ. I thank You for its power to heal and to forgive. Father, I know what it's like to be lost...but only because I've been found. How would I even have known I was lost, if You had not sought me and called me to Yourself? Lord, I love You. Thank You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: