Saturday, August 9, 2008

Unbelief...

"And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith." Matthew 13:58

This verse comes after Jesus had gone back to his hometown to teach people in the synagogue. They didn't believe Him. They were offended by Him. So, Jesus left without doing any miracles. We can hold Jesus back with our unbelief also. What does God want to do in my life? I know He wants to work in my life so He can reach others. Am I holding Him back? Am I willing to do what it takes? The people wanted all the miracles, I'm sure, but they didn't want the obligations that went along with it. It's tough following Christ. It's like swimming upstream. Just know that by swimming upstream, with each stroke, you're getting stronger.

Father, I thank You for loving me and caring about everything in my life....even the smallest detail. I know that You want to work through Your people to reach others. I don't want to be the one who holds You back because of familiarity, or apathy, or unbelief as the people in Jesus' hometown. I want You to be Lord of everything. Help me to swim upstream, Lord, knowing that as I do, You are strengthening me. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: