Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tomorrow?

"Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit'; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that." James 4:13-15

I'll be the first to admit that I'm guilty of living for the future. But, you know, today is the future. Today is all we have to live out God's plan for our lives. We have no promise of tomorrow. What that means is that everything I do today (or each day I'm blessed with) should be done totally for God's purposes. I shouldn't put off anything until tomorrow...there may be no tomorrow.

Father, I thank You so much for blessing me with this new day. Thank You that I have another opportunity to live for You. Father, I don't always focus on today. You know full well that I look to the future for so many things. But, Your Word says I have no promise of tomorrow. So, help me live my life today for Your purposes alone. You are my all in all. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: