Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tell More...

"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.' Amen." Matthew 28:18-20

We were driving to Waycross this morning when we passed the Telmore Pentecostal Church. I had seen the sign a million times, but never really thought about the name Telmore. I think it's the name of the little community, but I thought it was kind of funny...Telmore...tell more. This IS the Great Commission. Tell more. Jesus wants us to tell all nations, all peoples about His saving grace, and baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I know...I think some crazy stuff...but that name was like a reminder to me that I should be about My Father's business...telling all mankind about Him. Easily said. Not easily done. Some of the hardest people to witness to are the ones closest to us....because they know us...I mean really know us. I tend to think that I'm not worthy of this high calling. But the reality is that Jesus died for me and my sins have been forgiven...past, present, and future. That's not a license to sin, but acknowledgement of His saving grace in my life. I should be shouting it from the rooftops. I'm not a rooftop kind of person, but in my own quiet way I can witness even if it's not with words, but the way I live my life before others ...as a living, breathing testament.

Father, I thank You for the forgiveness You have so freely given me. Thank You for Your saving grace. You've called each of Your children to testify to the ends of the earth. Sometimes I think I can't, for whatever reason, but the truth is that You have given me all I need to do the task You've called me to. You equip each of us to do all that You ask us to do. Thank You that I don't have to rely on my own power. I'd never make it. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: