Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Simple Prayers....

"Certainly God has heard me; He has attended to the voice of my prayers." Psalm 66:19

What a comfort to know that God hears us when we pray! Our prayers don't have to be eloquent, or a string of "church-y" words. God wants to hear from our hearts. Those fancy sounding prayers don't mean any more to God than the simplest of prayers...as long as it comes from the heart. Have you ever listened to a child pray? It's so sweet, and so very simple. You have to know that God is delighted to hear the prayers of a child. He'll be delighted to hear your prayers and my prayers, as well. It took a while before I was comfortable praying in public, mainly because I thought (wrongly) that my prayers weren't "good enough" to speak aloud. Now I don't care anymore. I pray from my heart and I know that God is pleased to hear from me. I'm His child and He loves me.

Father, I thank You for this day and for the blessed rain You've sent our way. Thank You for the couple of "rain days" we've had. For so many teachers, I know it was a saving grace. They are stressed and anxious, Lord, so I thank You for this extra opportunity to rest. Father, Your Word says that You hear our prayers. I believe You hear our hearts as well as the prayers we speak. So often, Lord, I don't know what to pray, so I thank You for the intercession of the Holy Spirit on my behalf. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: