Friday, August 8, 2008

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I used to think "pray without ceasing" was an impossible task for humans, but God doesn't mean for us to stay on our knees 24/7. What this verse is telling us is that we should live in an attitude of prayer. Keep a direct line of communication open. It's hard to describe, really. But, opening your heart and allowing it to stay open...even praying in your heart(rather than with words)...is living in an attitude of prayer. Prayer is the only way to get from where we are now to where God wants us to be. Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call to me and I will answer you..." When you reach the point of throwing your hands up, throw them up to God. We should never, ever think that we can do it alone. Prayer is the answer.

Father, I thank You for this wonderful Friday, and for the huge showers of blessings You granted us yesterday and last night. Father, the air outside feels so refreshed. Thank You. Lord, I know that I don't stay in an attitude of prayer. But I want to. I know that there is power in prayer, and I know that if I only call on You, You are more than faithful to answer me. It may not be the answer I was looking for, but it's the best answer. Father, help me today to live in an attitude of prayer, so that You are only a heart's whisper away at any moment. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: