Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Promise of Freedom...

"But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 5:10-11

This verse really speaks to me these days. It's a reminder to me that God is able to meet every need I have. Although in this life we have to suffer, it's nothing compared to the eternal glory we will share with Christ Jesus. Any suffering that comes upon us, God is able to use to make us perfect in character...make us what He wants us to be. We all have things in our lives that cause us pain and suffering. Some of it we have no control over...but other things we've brought on ourselves. Sometimes strongholds in our lives cause tremendous suffering. God wants to free us from all strongholds, but just know that suffering comes before liberation...before He frees us.

Father, I thank You for this day and the blessings of life. Lord, my prayer is for freedom from the strongholds which keep me in bondage. These are things I've brought on myself, through disobedience and stubbornness...and I know that. Your Word promises suffering a little while before You perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle me...freeing me from my strongholds. I thank You for Your promises of what is to come. To God be the glory. Amen and amen.

post signature

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your devotional posts. The uplifting thoughts brighten my day!