Monday, August 4, 2008

Pack Your Bags...

"But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God." Genesis 6:8-9

Just like his great grandfather Enoch, Noah walked with God. He was righteous, blameless, and he found favor with God. Noah lived smack dab in the middle of a perverse generation. Yet, he was one person who did what God asked him to do. He made a difference. The Bible says Noah walked with God, just as Enoch had walked with God. It doesn't say they visited with God. There is a difference. I believe part of that difference is the fact that Noah was obedient. Verse 22 says, "Thus Noah did; according to all that God commanded him, so he did." Noah had a choice...but He chose God because he walked with God...there was never any question. He was probably the laughingstock of his time...doing the impossible thing that God had asked him to do...can you imagine it? Today, sometimes God asks us to do the impossible...because, without Him, it is impossible. And just like Noah, we have a choice. We can walk with God and do the impossible in faith. Or, we can visit God and go on about our business. I'm packing my bags and moving in for good. Forget the visit...I want to stay.

Father, I thank You for this wonderful day, and another opportunity to walk with You. Lord, I want to be like Enoch and Noah, who never questioned obedience to You. Noah, by his obedience, made a difference in this world. You've called me to make a difference. Lord, I want to be faithful and obedient to step out and do the impossible...because I know that all things are possible with You. Lord, I love You, and I ask You today to help me recognize Your voice and obey. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: