Monday, August 11, 2008

Overwhelmed....

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Then You knew my path. In the way in which I walk they have secretly set a snare for me." Psalm 142:3

The theme of Psalm 142 is the Lord as our refuge. No matter how overwhelmed we are, dealing with everything from day to day, God knows. He knows how burdened we are. He knows the path we take, and He is always there to guide us and keep us from stumbling. That doesn't mean we won't mess up. Sometimes we take detours, or get off track, but God still sticks with us, gently guiding us back where we belong. If we belong to Him, He's only going to allow us to go so far before He steps in and rescues us.

Thank You, Father, for being my Rescuer. Thank You for all You do in my life...all You have done....and all I know You will continue to do. Father, I don't always take the path that I should...the path I know is right. Sometimes pride or stubbornness can make me veer off the path You've set before me. God, I thank You that You'll only let me wander so far before You bring me back to where I belong. Your arm is never too short to save me. Thank You. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: