Friday, August 29, 2008

The New Me...

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

At that moment when you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you are a new creation. Old things pass away...old priorities...old standards...old loves...old beliefs...old values...old self-serving attitudes. Now, these things don't just disappear overnight. But, you begin to look at things with new eyes...the eyes of Christ. You see things in a different light. What once was acceptable, may no longer be. You will begin to analyze things you used to listen to, or watch on television, or read. There may be things that you will no longer allow yourself to do. Maybe not because it's "wrong", but because it may hurt your witness. Many of us have heard preachers say, 'Don't watch anything that you wouldn't watch with Jesus in the room. Don't listen to or read anything that you'd be ashamed for Jesus to hear or see. And, certainly don't go anywhere that you wouldn't want to take Jesus to.' Now, that may sound a little silly, but not if you really think about what it's telling you. As Christians, we ought to be careful to guard our eyes, ears, and minds against the evils of this world. It's often very inconvenient, and difficult to do when you're surrounded by worldly things everywhere you turn. But, 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." If we are to be His righteousness through the shed blood of Jesus, we must protect our witness.

Father, I thank You so much for this wonderful day...another fantastic break from work for a few days. Lord, I thank You for Your Word and how it convicts me of things that I know in my heart I need to change. It is hard, Lord...really hard sometimes...to guard myself against the evils of this age. It bombards me from every direction. I know that I am a new creation in Christ Jesus. I know that I am saved to be His righteousness through His shed blood, and I praise You for that. Please help me to live my life as a witness to this. I want to point people to you, Lord, not give them cause to doubt Christianity. I love You. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: