Monday, August 25, 2008

Meeting in the Morning...

"My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up." Psalm 5:3

David is the writer of this Psalm. I think he's reminding us that our day should begin by meeting with our Lord. Read His Word. Pray. Talk to Him. He listens to me. He hears me. He knows my every need before I even ask it. Why do I have to ask then? Because He is our Father and He wants to hear from His children. That is the very least I can do. When I fail to pray, in a sense it's like saying that I don't need Him...which is absolutely not true...and it breaks my heart to think that perhaps this is what God thinks about me when I don't pray. God is faithful. My part of the relationship is to be faithful to Him. I can do that by having a faithful prayer life. There are times I fail to pray...when I wake up late, or in a bad mood, or sick, or just plain forget. I'm always convicted when that happens...and it happens far too often than I would like to admit.

Heavenly Father, faithful God, Lord of all, I ask You today to forgive me for the times that I fail to pray to You. I am so sorry if I hurt You by not praying. Forgive me when I allow other things that happen in my life to distract me from what I know to do. Please help me to be more faithful to You by being faithful in my prayer life. I love You, Lord. Amen and amen.

post signature

No comments: